Mouse drivers

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by thecow, Feb 6, 2005.

1. thecow macrumors 6502

The mouse that I have a a Logitech Mx1000. It is a great mouse but the mac drivers that came with it from Logitech are not very good. You can't customize the buttons for specific applications, which I used A LOT with my old Macally mouse. Also you can't adjust the speed of the side scrolling, which is so slow that it isn't practical. The slow speed makes it a totally useless feature. I already tried USB Overdrive, but that doesn't even work. It won't let me customize the buttons for anything. It will say that I changed the settings, but it doesn't actually change anything. The activity monitor shows that there is a USB Overdrive Helper running, so I guess that isn't the problem.

2. thecow thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, I guess I posted this at a bad time, right when we where switching servers and not very many people saw it. So does anyone have any suggestions?

3. Bear macrumors G3

Write a detailed letter with your issues and send it to Logitech. Maybe if people told them what they wanted in the deivce drivers, it might get added. I would also recommend that you tell them that with the current state of the device driver, you're contemplating returning the mouse.

4. thecow thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm... Didn't think of that. I'll email them now.