mouse freezing when waking up from sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by aleni, Dec 28, 2008.

1. macrumors 68000

Jun 2, 2006
    my air is rev B with SSD. when i open the lid to wake it up from the sleep, the mouse is freezing for couple of seconds and then back to normal.

it's not tthe whole OS freezing i believe, because ical event suddenly appears on the desktop when the mouse is freezing. so it's not the system i guess.

could it be the lack of voltage because of coolbook? but the system is so stable with these new lower voltages settings i applied a week ago.

yes, i use coolbook too on rev B.
  2. macrumors Core

Feb 9, 2008
    San Jose (CA)
  3. macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2008
    In my MBA!
    Neither of mine ever did that, I also would remove cool book, and try it for a few days.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Mar 29, 2007
    LDN. UK
  5. thread starter macrumors 68000

Jun 2, 2006
    tried removing coolbook. it doesn't seem to be its problem. it happened sometimes though, not everytime i wake it from sleep.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Dec 1, 2007
    This is just a guess but it may be that the LED "instant on" is faster than the mac itself at waking up. I notice the display is like an image capture, not actually realtime, until the mouse starts moving again. My delay is only about a second or two.
  7. thread starter macrumors 68000

Jun 2, 2006
    i dont think it is, because iCal's event suddenly shows up when the mouse is freezing.
  8. macrumors 65816

Feb 2, 2008
    My MacBook Pro (early 2008) does this too. Not just an MBA issue.
  9. macrumors newbie

Jan 1, 2009
    Same problem; why doesn't Mac ever take responsibility for anything?

Ever since I downloaded the latest version of OSX (10.5.6), I have had the same won't recognize the mouse after it wakes from sleep. The only way to fix it is to do a hard shut down, which my RAID card hates. Now I can't sleep the computer anymore. Serious drag. Why doesn't Mac take responsibility for anything? I switched from PCs and am seriously preturbed by the continuous "it must be you" response I get from Mac's "customer support" on any technical issue.
  10. macrumors newbie

Jan 1, 2009

Check this out -- rather than answer the same question posted by a bunch of other people, or take responsibility for the issue and fix the problem, Apple simply archived a similar thread on their website and won't allow anymore replies. I'm frustrated to say the least.
  11. macrumors newbie

Jan 1, 2009
    Critical thread for Mac Pro users running OSX 10.5.6

I found a new thread on Apple's website -- if you have a Mac Pro and upgraded to 10.5.6, you are not alone in experiencing this problem. THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!!

Please tell Apple about the above thread so they fix this damn problem!!!!