Mouse hovering problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by balliet, Feb 17, 2003.

1. balliet macrumors member

There seems to be something strange happening with my mouse. For some reason stuff isn't recognizing when the mouse is moving. For example, the cursor doesn't turn into a hand when the mouse is over a link in the browser, menu options don't highlight when you hover over them, and the dock doesn't magnify when hovering over it. However, if the mouse button is down, everything works fine. If I drag stuff around the dock, it magnifies properly, etc. Whats even stranger is it seems to come and go, without even restarting or logging in or out. Its been happening for a few weeks now and I can't figure out whats causing it, just wondering if anyone else has had something similar happen. Here is a movie of what it looks like when i try to hover over the dock, first without the mouse down, then dragging something around.

http://www.brianweb.net/misc/DockProblem.mov

2. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

Re: Mouse hovering problem

Weird. What mouse are you using?

3. balliet thread starter macrumors member

Re: Re: Mouse hovering problem

Intellimouse Explorer, I suppose I could try another mouse. Hmm.. just plugged in the apple pro mouse, now it goes away. I guess I'll have to try this for a few hours, see if it starts up again. grrr.. i'm already missing those extra buttons and scroll wheel :)

4. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

Re: Re: Re: Mouse hovering problem

I kinda figured it was a third party mouse try the support page for the mouse see if it has problems reported
    (sorry for basic troubleshooting guide if you've already done it)
    try this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto and search for mac
    it gives alot of results