Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard7893

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2014
I have WIndows 8 installed on my MacBook Pro and I primarily use the Windows side of my laptop.

Every time I close my lid to my laptop with my mouse connected, and I go to reopen it, the mouse never works! Each time I reopen the lid I also have to disconnect and reconnect the mouse USB in order for the mouse to work again. Has anyone else ever faced this issue, and how have you resolved it? Any help would be appreciated.

PS This happens whether I am on the Windows or Mac side, and I'm not using mouse made by Apple.

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
Knowing which mouse you're using might help. FYI, I've used an Apple mouse (bluetooth) effectively with Win7/10 running under VMWare.

richard7893

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2014
I am using a Microsoft mouse. It is a wheel mouse optical USB and PS/2 compatible. I have looked up a driver on the internet and tried installing it, but I already happen to have the driver installed. I googled wired mouse PS/2 mac, and found the driver that way but again it already happened to be installed on my computer

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
Sounds like an older MS Mouse. Give the Magic Mouse a try. I haven't had any connectivity issues (except for when the batteries run dry) after closing/opening the lid

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.