Mouse/Keyboard turn off randomly! Why?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Daveway, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Daveway macrumors 68040

Jul 10, 2004
    New Orleans / Lafayette, La
    My aunt has recently switched and bought a new iMac G5 1.8 17". She keeps calling me to tell me that her mouse/keyboard turns off randomly when she is working on the comp. I went over and can't figure why it does it. It will come back on if I plug the keyboard into another usb port after a few seconds. It will do this on any usb port it seems. This is getting VERY frustrating b/c I have to hear the bi**hing. Any help?

BTW: She has stock wired keyboard/mouse using the standard mouse plugs to keyboard, keyboard plugs to imac setup.
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    well first thing is first, you have to try another keyboard/mouse with it to see if they work alright, if they do, then she has some bad accessories, if the problem continues with hardware that works ok on another computer then it is her ports going

figure out which one is the problem and since it is still covered have apple fix it
  3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

Jul 23, 2002
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    My guess too is that the keyboard is faulty. The mouse, is most likely fine - just suffering from being connected to the keyboard.