mouse movement in macosx

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gpapava, Feb 27, 2007.

1. gpapava macrumors member

Jan 29, 2006
    Anybody else noticed that mouse movement in macosx "feels different" than mouse movement in windows?
    I think ive heard this from another mac user and also he had linked an utility like program that makes mouse movement in mac same with xp.
    Any opinion from other users? Is it different between xp and macosx or its just me?:confused:

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    The behavior of your pointer is very customizable via System Preferences. I suggest playing with the settings to find one you prefer.
  3. someguy macrumors 68020

Dec 4, 2005
    Still here.
    I prefer the Mac's "cursor handling" over Windows. Whenever I use a Windows machine anymore, the first thing I notice is that the mouse handles poorly. Even after adjusting it in Control Panel, it's just not the same.

I find I am much more accurate in OSX.
  4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    I noticed it as well when I first started using Apples. The mouse seems to move a lot slower, and there's no way to accelerate it up to windows speed. After a while I just got used to it and no longer like windows' twitchiness.
  5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    I know exactly what you mean, since I use Windows and Mac OS X regularly. The difference you are noticing is the way mouse acceleration is handled. One of the two OSes seems more "fine-grained" than the other (to me at least) at detecting the speed you're moving the mouse and adjusting how fast the cursor moves on the screen accordingly.