Mouse Pointer Not Changing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thewhitehart, Oct 27, 2005.

1. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

I searched the forums but had difficulty finding an answer to my question. Right after selecting something with my mouse, particularly in Safari or Dashboard, sometimes my cursor doesn't change to its proper icon. For example, I might move the arrow into a typing field, and after moving out of it, the cursor bar doesn't change back into the arrow. It will still press buttons and such, but the cursor bar remains instead of changing back into an arrow. Is this a normal glitch in OS X?

By the way, I am using the new G4 12" ibook and its own trackpad.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've had this problem several times, but I've never figured out the logic behind it. I just don't worry about it.

3. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

It's a bug. Happens to me in both Tiger and Panther. Doesn't cause any trouble, but it's annoying nonetheless.

4. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Why Apple hasn't managed to fix this I have no clue...It's been bugging me since Jaguar...:rolleyes:

Edit: You can usually fix it by going back and clicking on whatever you clicked on before, and if that doesn't work just click on a bunch of different things and it will switch back.