Mouse problems in Halo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nobs, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Nobs macrumors member

Just got Halo for Chirstmas, but I haven't been able to play it because of a mouse problem. I am using a Intuous2 Graphic Tablet and when I go to launch Halo, I get into the main menu fine, but then I cannot control the little blue arrow at all. I tried setting the resolution because it seemed like the mouse was travelling WAY too far on the screen (I think the default is 640 x 480) Anywho, any thought as to how I can fix this? I've been waiting so long to play this. Help!

Merry Chirstmas all!

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Description

What mouse is it? I'm guessing that you are having trouble because its not the one button mouse that came with the computer (that is if it is the tower computer you are playing this on and not your laptop). I guess just load the drivers, if you haven't already, or maybe use another setup. Setup as in use a mouse, not a Tablet and mouse combo set. The drivers might written to use the tablet with the mouse. Have you tryed using the tablet to control the blue arrow? If you do end up controling the arrow with the tablet part, I would fenture the Tablet part of your setup is causing the problem and disconnect it and leave the mouse, or just get the original mouse and use that. There are not that many controls to Halo that you can't use your fingers for.

I want to add to this, has anyone have Expose get in the way of playing. I had it happen, full screen and everything, Halo flew up wards and I saw my desktop, then it came right back down. Then I had control problems that took about 10 seconds to right it self, but I got granaded and died. It was very odd.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I had the same problem.

My fix - I took the tablet off and put on the USB mouse.

It has to do with the tablet/mouse interpolation of movement. There might be a fix for this in the tablet settings - make the tracking the slowest possible setting.

Good luck.

D

4. Nobs thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I figured I'd have to do that since I loaded it on my powerbook and it worked fine, until I plugged in the tablet.

I'll try it later on tonight. Thanks all!

5. Nobs thread starter macrumors member

Looks like it works!

But now I have a problem...I loaded HAlo on my PowerMac and my Powerbook but when I create an LAN game, it tells me the CD Key is Invalid.

Is there anyway around this? I don't want to buy another copy just to play with my son on a LAN.

6. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

cd key

You can not have two macs playing at the same time with the same CD Key. Either find another key, which if you went to the internet to play with, probably would not work. Or go to the store and buy another Halo Cd. Its a bummer that in a LAN game, you can't use the same cd key.