Mouse problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by p0intblank, Oct 28, 2005.

1. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I recently installed SteerMouse because I wanted to customize the acceleration of my mouse movement. Well I decided I didn't like it so I wanted to uninstall it. I dragged the app from the Utilities folder into the Trash and then my system began to run very slow. I decided to restart and system performance was fine again, but my mouse movement/acceleration is still set to the settings I chose in SteerMouse. I trashed all files associated with it, including all prefs. Is there a way to restore my mouse to factory settings? Is there another .prefs file I can trash to fix this? Oh and by the way, I'm using an Apple Pro Mouse (white).

Thanks!

2. p0intblank thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm sorry to bump this, but it is really bothering me. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? I deleted all files associated with the app and I even repaired disk permissions. :confused:

3. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

Straight from steermouse:

--------------------
    How to uninstall.

1) Launch the setting application from SteerMouse of System Preferences.
    2) Select 'Uninstall...' from the Help menu in setting application.

When the trial period approaches, The uninstallation button is displayed in setting application.
    -------------------

So just reinstall the thing and follow the instructions to properly uninstall.

4. carpe diem macrumors 6502

What do you mena?

5. p0intblank thread starter macrumors 68030

Ugh, I can't believe I didn't see this. I even looked around for instructions. Thanks, I'll get back to you.

Edit: It worked, thanks a lot. :)