Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
I have a logitech mx1000 mouse and i love it. At night, i put my imac to sleep and then i want to put the mouse in its charger. Is there any way i can make my computer so it wont wake up from sleep by the mouse? When i put the mouse in the charger, its hard to put it in without waking up the computer. Or is there any way i can use a kb shortcut to put the comp;uter to sleep after the mouse is already iin the charger? Also should i charge the mouse every night, and do i need to use a mouse pad? Will it effect battery life or anything? My desk is black.

verozov

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2005
Columbia, SC
i know it used to be that you should only charge batteries until after they went dead... i think for newer ones it doens't matter that much though.

as for the mousepad, you don't really need one unless ur desk is shiny as the laser will be reflected and the arrow will skip around on ur screen. if u don't use one it might scratch ur mouse up though, if u care.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Duff-Man said:
Duff-Man says....command+option+eject will put the computer to sleep....oh yeah!

Awesome! Did not know about this key shortcut!

And every one of your posts makes me giggle. :D
...I always get duffman-simpsons moments when I read them. Hehe.

nw43

macrumors regular
May 8, 2005
UK
katie ta achoo said:
Awesome! Did not know about this key shortcut!

On a related subject (although not really related to the post) has anyone got a list of essential keyboard shortcuts that a new mac user (me!) would find useful?

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
Man, thanks.. I've been trying to script a sleep forever so I don't have to close my lid or actually click anything to make it sleep, and I never knew there was a shortcut the whole time..

I feel so dumb now :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.