mouse really sluggish

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by phuong, Sep 14, 2006.

1. phuong macrumors 6502a

ok, my (first) MP just arrived today. i plugged it in my screens and it worked jsut fine. im satisfied overall, except that the mouse is really annoying.

under windows XP with my MX1000, i can drag the cursor through 2 screens (total 1200x3200) in one single drag without having to move my wrist.

now under Tiger 10.4, i have to drag 2-3 times to drag the cursor over only ONE screen. this is i already turn the "Tracking" setting under Keyboard & Mouse settings to "Fast".

is there anywehre else or somehow i can set the mouse cursor to move faster?

2. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

System Preferences/Keyboard & Mouse/

Adjust Tracking to Fast.

3. phuong thread starter macrumors 6502a

i already did that :(

4. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Whoops, sorry. Isee that now. I did that, and now things seem close to what I had in Win...

I think there is some Mouse Accellerator available somewhere. You might try that option...

5. phuong thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks. this helps a little. but still, it doesn't feel quite like how it is in XP

edit: i just plugged the MX Revolution in, and it's totally different (i haven't installed Set Point 3.01 yet). but the mighty mouse still acts the same. so i guess it's the mouse's algorithm, not the OS.