Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
hey, i have a TiBook as well & i also do alot of graphics stuff. i looked at the Logitech Mouseman, but i ended up getting the Microsoft IntelliEye Explorer (or whatever it's called). i only got that because of the price, it was the cheapest i could find. i would have got the Logitech, but it was too much.:p :D

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
I have a Microsoft wireless intellimouse explorer for my 9500(soon to be running Jaguar!)and it's a great mouse...5 buttons and it's wireless! No lag what so ever...although the batteries only last about 2.5 weeks so get some rechargeables...

btw...I got it on ebay for $40! NIB! You can't beat that! The retail is a little higher though because it's wireless...;)

Digitalflick

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2002
I just got the Logitech Duel optical - Great mouse!! Fits my hand Perfect. Plug n Play - Very Precice.

flanders

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
Atlanta, GA
i know it wasn't on your list, but I just switched from the logitech cordless mouse to a logitech cordless trackman fx trackball and i'm lovin' it! No more mice for me!

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I love my Logitech Trackman Marble but I have a Logitech scroll mouse at work and it's great too.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
my m$ intellipoint optical mouse is the sweetest mouse i've ever used, but it costs a lil too much, but its a really comfortable (for both right and left handed users)

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Originally posted by SilvorX
my m$ intellipoint optical mouse is the sweetest mouse i've ever used, but it costs a lil too much, but its a really comfortable (for both right and left handed users)
You're absolutely right! Just don't get the wireless if you're a lefty...it's righty only!:p

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Originally posted by cb911
hey, i have a TiBook as well & i also do alot of graphics stuff. i looked at the Logitech Mouseman, but i ended up getting the Microsoft IntelliEye Explorer (or whatever it's called). i only got that because of the price, it was the cheapest i could find. i would have got the Logitech, but it was too much.:p :D

Same here :D. It is a good mouse for its cost - cant say that about 2 many M$ products..... :D

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
I have two logitech optical mice, one for home, and one for work. I love them. I am interested in the new Kensington studio mouse. It looks pretty sweet.

oliverlubin

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
re: mouse recomendations

i have a logitech mouse-man optical or wahtever and i really dont like it. it's extremely heavy and logitech has totally dropped the ball on support in OS X. thank god for usboverdirve. i would suggest getting a microsoft intellimouse explorer wired/wireless depending on your budget. great device support under X and the mice are light and very ergonomic.

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
Re: A is for Apple

Originally posted by LimeiBook86
Get the Apple Pro Mouse, they are so cool!:D

They are cool, but they only have one button. I like my contextual menu access.

For some people, like you, many people, in fact, one mouse button is great and zero is even better.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Avoid the Apple Pro Mouse. The cord is short, and there is only one button. I recommend you get an optical mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel at least, wireless is nice. And whats with all the logitech and ms mice?:confused: Ya'll know there are other options right? Here are my suggestions.

Targus - Wireless Optical Mini Mouse
Great wireless mouse, small and convienent. It has no drivers for OS X, but it doesn't need any...OS X supports two button scroll mice. The color also matchs well with the tibook. This is my favorite of the three.;)

Kensington - Pocket Mouse Pro
This is not wireless, but the wire retracts into the mouse body nicely. This may be better than wireless...when its unplugged the sensor doesn't light. What happens to a wireless mouse when its bumped in a bag? :eek:

Memorex - Wireless Optical Traveler
A relatively new mouse. The nice thing is the wireless mouse batteries can charge from the USB port.

I like choices, and here are mine;)

robotrenegade

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2002
Greenville,SC
Kensington Pro Mouse

I just got one and it is the best mouse I've ever owned. Plus it looks like it matches the computer colors. It has:
-Two Buttons
-A sensor scroll wheel.
-A thired button that is programable.
-And if you hit left and righ button at the same time you can program that as well.
-It's also optical
Work in OS 9 and 10.2

http://www.kensington.com

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
i have the kensington studio mouse mentioned above... and it's pretty sweet. takes a bit of getting used to, but it fits really well with the mac style and it's mac only

"who in their right mind would make a product for 5% of the market?"

ha!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.