Mouse recommendations please (particularly RSI reducers)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bumfilter, Jun 26, 2006.

1. bumfilter macrumors regular

Hello all,

In a bid to reduce RSI I decided to get a Kensington Expert TrackBall after reading many many different recommendations on the product. I don't know if it's just my setup or my hands distaste for this product but I hate the damn thing. It's just too slow and imprecise for my needs (mostly Photoshop, Transmit, Mail, iTunes, lots of browsing), I need something that is quicker to use, much like a normal mouse.

However, I'd really like to try and reduce any RSI like symptoms I may be getting, so I'm open to any suggestions you may have.

I spent £70 on this stupid mouse and Apple want to charge me £30 just to return it so I'd like to be sure before I buy anything else. I can't try anything as nowhere has anywhere near a decent selection, so I have to rely on reviews.

Also, most of the more expensive mice seem to be cordless/wireless/bluetooth. I've used Apple's Bluetooth mouse and it is too sluggish for me, especially when it needs a shake to wake it up. So preferably corded versions. (Unless there are any wireless mice that don't act like this).

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. bumfilter thread starter macrumors regular

How do you find the tracking wheel? Is it responsive enough? I find with my current trackball it takes too long to zoom over to things and takes longer to "centre" on the actual item, like Close Window for instance.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I hate "finger" trackballs like your Kensington, the Logitech is a "thumb" trackball but I've been using the Logitech at home for > 5 years and find it very responsive and precise for general use, including some light PS, but I can't say I've gamed much with it.

B