Mouse speeding up and loseing internet

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AoWolf, Jun 22, 2006.

1. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Bascially I have this problem I get maybe once every 5-6 hours, although today its been very frequent prompting me to post. I will be using any number of applications when my mouse will become very jittery. The best way to describe it would be to pick two points on my screen and to move the pointer back in forth across the points. When doing this it will jump about an inch in a random direction.

I am on an iBook with and airport express and the signal indicator will turn to 0 and but I will still be on the network if I have a torrent going the upload rate might be .5kb a sec or something ridiculously low. If I try to load a safari page I just get the sever cannot be found message. It doesn't matter what mouse I use and I have done all the basics(Zapped PRAM, Disk repair, ext...). Bit torrent does seem to make it go into this state much easier but it has been happening for months and I haven't had bit-torrent for more then 3 days on this computer.

2. AoWolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Ack so now now I am sure its not BT it happens now about 5mins after I restart no matter what I am doing or what app I am using.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I get that when my trackpad screws up. Holding my palm over the trackpad for five seconds resets it and everything goes back to normal. However, your problem sounds different since it screws up with the mouse too. Maybe try resetting your PMU. :)