Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vio1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
Hi, i purchased a 15" powerbook and want to get a mouse for it. Anything really good out there on the market? Id like it to be wireless, cool looking and useful.

Any mice i should stay away from?

Vio1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
im looking for a mouse with more then one button, so the bt mouse is not an option
PHP:

iDM

macrumors 6502a
It depends how you plan on using your Pb if it will see most of its time on a desk check out the MX1000 which is laser and has close to 10 programmable buttons(I have mine set to go forward and backward on web-pages, switch between applications, raise and lower music, scroll, etc.) otherwise if it will be portable check out the MX900 which is bluetooth so you can utilize that without the need for a base station which the MX1000 requires(its still wireless but it has a receiver that you can hide away from sight)

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention they are "Logitech" Here is the MX1000(That I have) http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Logitech_MX1000_Laser_Cordless_Mouse/4505-3148_16-31095326.html

And the 900(Bluetooth no stand better for portable)
http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Logitech_MX900_Bluetooth_Mouse/4505-3148_16-30590580.html

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
If you can tolerate it, I find the Microsoft Intellimouse BT to be very well designed, especially for those with large hands.

Avoid MacMice's TheMouse BT, It tracks pretty badly.

Vio1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
any good bluetooth enabled mice? I dont want anything sticking out of the usb ports.

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
robbieduncan said:
How about one of these? Bluetooth, two buttons and fits in/charges in a PC card slot when not in use. Very cool!

That thing is a good idea, but highly impractical for daily long term use. It can't be comfortable.

As to the OP, I seriously do recommend the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorerer Bluetooth.

Vio1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
adk said:
That thing is a good idea, but highly impractical for daily long term use. It can't be comfortable.

As to the OP, I seriously do recommend the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorerer Bluetooth.

i cant find anywhere where it says its compatible with a mac... is it?

rwk001

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2004
Maybe a good gaming mouse?

I use the white, pro/business version of the gaming Razer mouse, and it's far more accurate and responsive than anything else I've tried. Personally, I prefer a single button mouse, but have found that I can't go back because every other mouse now feels sluggish. It's not bluetooth, but that's because it's designed for gaming and so it's always on without connection delay.

rockandrule

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
If you don't mind using up a USB port, Logitech V500 all the way. I've had one now for about 6 months and I love it. It is quite comfortable and the battery life is decent enough to bring it around with you for about 4 months without worries. Also, the USB connector slides inside of the mouse and then closes for travel. I personally recommend it over any other wireless if you are looking for something compact.

liquidh2o

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2004
Alabama
logitech used to make the mx900 bluetooth mouse, and it's sweet. They were a bit on the expensive side, but came with a recharging station and mine still works like a champ.

skinniezinho

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2009
Portugal
I know it has been 12 years since this thread, but I wanted a bluetooth mouse to match my Powerbook G4 12.
In the past I had a Logitech V470 and had issues (with Macbook). Any recommendations?
I saw the Xiaomi Mi Mouse, which seemed nice and cheap, but apparently it only works on bluetooth mode if the chip is bcm20702 and MacOs 10.10 or later.
https://files.xiaomi-mi.com/files/mi_mouse/mimouse-EN.pdf
Xiaomi-Mi-Portable-Mouse.png

Anyone has a suggestion?

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Dunno if you can still get hold of one of these but this works reasonably well with Leopard.

IMG_20180120_150405~2.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.