Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
This is really annoying now, and not sure if it's a 10.10 thing or not.

On my iMac running 10.10 the mouse and trackpad tracking speed keep on resetting to the default position (4-clicks to the left) when I like it on Fast so I can get around the desktop with one movement.

Any one having a similar issue, or know a simple fix?

Cheers

Thoir

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2014
Not completely the same issue.
My mouse behaviour changed completely since 10.10.

The same setting as in Mavericks but the mouse was a lot faster en chaotic on the display. I installed a few mouse changing apps.

Eventually I stuck with: MouseZoom / Sits in the settings app. (Sorry I don't have a link anymore).
It works, never got the right settings back. But I think I developed a new muscle memory. Typing is still different than it was. I think it will be better if I buy a new Mac...

realuseless

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2014
a bit late, but notice this lately and its bugging the crap out of me...

i have the exact same problem. 10.10.2 Mac Mini 2012, Magic Mouse. Tracking speed keeps reseting itself after the mouse goes idle for a while, always back to default.

I'll have to consider a different mouse if this carries on... anyone got ideas? :confused:

pandastick

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
Same problem

Same problem ever since i started using a Logitech G700s.

Tracking speed randomly changes, although it's set at a specific level in mouse (system) preferences, and the level does not change.

chbeach

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2015
Magic Mouse

yes, having the same problem,,, MacMini 2014/15 Magic Mouse,,, everytime I'm using the Mini, Mouse Tracking Speed is set to default, have to manually update to fast. Wonder what it could be,,, Yosemite 10.10.3

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
~User/Library/Preferences and look for the files such as com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist

I think I eventually pinned my problem down to connecting to my Mac via the RealVNC client on my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.