mouse with batteries?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Rob587, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

I want a wireless mouse that runs off bluetooth so that I dont have to get one that had a dock that will tak up a usb slot on my comp, but I heard that battery run mice are in a constent need of new batteries. Is this true? If so Is there a wireless mouse out there that runs through bluetooth but has a dock charger too?

2. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Try www.logitech.com - I think the mouse you want is the MX 900 (but don't quote me on that). I have the MX 700 (not bluetooth) and the rechargeable batteries that came with it are still going strong two and a half years later.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Logitech seems to have completely backed off of Mac support on their Bluetooth accessories.

As far as batteries go, just get a NiMH charger and 4 AA or AAA batteries as appropriate for the mouse you get. Leave one pair on charge while you are using the other. You'll change batteries every month or 2 but it wont cost as nuch as alkalines (and it's better for the landfill)

Thanks
    Trevor
    CanadaRAM.com

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

My Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer requires two new AA batteries about once every three or four months. At that rate of consumption, I just keep a box of AAs handy and swap them out when needed.