MOUSE woes!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JW8725, Jun 24, 2005.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Mr Jobs please stop making 1 button mice! Im sick of pressing the CRL button! Anyway I'm gonna sell my bluetooth mouse pretty shortly as I hate it. What I'd like is recommendations for an alternative 2 buttoned mouse with scroller and wireless capability. Also if possible in the mac decor?

Thanks

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...there are TONS of mice out there and many threads about them....why don't you look at Logitech's and Kensington's websites (probably the 2 best companies for mice) and see what suits your fancy and budget....oh yeah!

3. Shasta macrumors member

BT Micro

I was also unimpressed with the one button mouse... in fact it was the only thing that did not survive "the switch" in 2003, I had a "new" mouse before my PM showed up in the mail...

So a few months ago after dealing with a failing USB mouse I went for a wireless mouse, my criteria:

Mac like
    Bluetooth
    Charging stand
    Small - I prefer the feel of smaller mice, I've always gone with "laptop" or "travel" sized mice

the winer?

Macally BT micro http://macally.com/spec/bluetooth/btmicro.html

my only complaint is that I occasionally forget to put it into the charger for a few days and I have to dig out an old mouse for a half hour or so :p

It charges rapidly, great range (I have the Macally BTsync) and easily get 20 plus feet of range, probably further, and it was very easy to set up

so check it out
    Shasta

4. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow great mouse there mate! Only gripe is those rubber things on the side? Do they hinder the natural holding and movement of the mouse? Im probably gonna buy this thing! Its perfect!

5. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

One Supplier

Heya,

Glad you found one that looks like it'll work for you!

But please, please keep in mind that while you have several great suppliers of two-button mice, us happy one-buttoners only have one supplier. Don't try to take that away from us (by asking our god, Steve, to change). Be kind to your Mac brothern. We support your right to a two-buttoner. (Even if it is deviant, unnatural behavior.) ;)

6. Shasta macrumors member

It actually helps with the holding of the mouse, doesn't slip out of the hand when you're doing Hard core "gaming" like WarCraft and Photoshop :D

jsalzer: Macally has some slick 1 button mice too!

I'm not trying to pimp for them, but the stuff I have from them, Mouse, BT adapter, Firewire/USB combo hub all works great and there tech support is helpful, the hub was DOA and there was no problem getting a replacement

Shasta

7. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

Macally

Huh - thanks for the tip. I'll check them out (and may have to buy one just to support the cause.) :D

8. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

dude chill. Just buy a new mouse, their cheap. I knew I hated the 1 button mouse so I didn't even open mine when my powermac came. I use an M$ wireless and it's fine.

9. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

i prefer hitting control click in a lot of things, i guess it is preference

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Logitech MX1000, I wouldn't use anything else.

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I personally enjoy using a one button mouse. My advice is to buy a mouse from Logitech if you desire a non-Apple mouse. I have had many Logitech products all are awesome and still working 100%!

12. El Phantasmo macrumors member

I'm posting here to not start another "what mouse to buy thread" :eek:

I've been looking for a two button/scrollwheel/wireless mouse to replace the one that came with my iMac (it's not the one button that got me.. it is the lack of scroll wheel), and have narrowed it down to this Bluetooth MX900 ($80) or this Laser MX1000 ($60)... I would like very much to be able to use the built in bluetooth feature of my computer, but my question is: Is it really worth $80 for a mouse? :eek:

I guess I could even buy the "non-wireless cousin" ($33) and save some money, but the cool-factor of wireless is tempting me... also, will I notice any difference at all between the bluetooth and the 'plain wireless' one? I understand that if I go with the bluetooth version I would use the dock just for charging, and the other one will need the dock to charge and for wireless transmition...

I guess what I'm asking is which mouse is worth the money?

thanks for reading

13. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

I'm listening

But, being a one-button fan, I really don't have much of an opinion to offer.

But just so you know someone cares. :)