Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Copper Top_14, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Copper Top_14 macrumors newbie

i have a g4, dual 1ghz, is there a way to set the mouse up for a small scroll area. in other words i would like to drag a file from the top of the screen down to the trash can without haveing to move the mouse back up to the top of the mouse pad and finish draging.

2. Steradian macrumors 6502

yeah

in order to do that you need to turn up your mouse sensitivity, you can do this by going to the pref's pane and then click on mouse---> sensitivity and put it up high -er hope this work out for you. :)

3. Copper Top_14 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, tried that. not quick enough. i have one of those mouse pads with a wrist rest and the pads is about 6" tall. i thought that there might be another way to adjust it more.

4. Steradian macrumors 6502

ok

i have seen a way to set the sensitivity up past the limitations set byt the OS, but it requires that you go into the terminal, if want to hear how to do it reply saying so and i will type the instructions when i can.

5. Copper Top_14 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

7. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

There is a sensitivity setting on the bottom of the mouse itself also. Around the sensor is a plastic dial.

Regards,
    Gus

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

The dial for (-, o, +) isn't for speed sensitivity, it's actually for how hard you have to press down to click. Or so i have read in documentation, i think...

:)
    pnw

9. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Yes Paul,

You are absolutely correct. Please ignore my stupidity up above. D'oh! Guess I need to think before typing, huh?

:)

Regards,
    Gus

10. Copper Top_14 thread starter macrumors newbie