Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AWishForNoOne

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2003
is it plausible that apple would ever come out with a mouse with more than one button or atleast a scroll wheel? i know that a third party one can be purchased but everything that apple makes is so much cooler.

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
plausible? Sure. Why not. There have even been past reports that apple has worked on such devices (credibility is unknown however) It becomes more likely with OS X since it supports a second mouse button with no configuration.

That said, a second mouse button does run counter to some of apple's ideas about UI design (why have two buttons when one will do. thats a major reason for the global task bar at the top of the screen). Although apple hasn't relaly been paying as much attention to their old guidelines anyway with OS X.

So it is possible. I wouldn't call it particularly likely to happen anytime soon but only because I've not heard anything pointing in that direction for a very long time. If it does appear, it would probably appear as a build to order item or possibly standard on the towers. I think you'll continue to see a 1 button mouse on the consumer lines.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
please, PLEASE go look through other threads, this topic has been discussed DOZENS of times, as have most of the threads you've cluttered the forums with. you're going to start pissing people off soon. i'm not trying to be mean, just give you a little newbie advice: cool it.

pnw

AWishForNoOne

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2003
i know that a lot of my posts have been up elsewhere but most of them are worth repeating (atleast by the response of other people in the forum). i dunno. maybe if more people chastise me i'll spend some time going through old posts.

AWishForNoOne

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2003
word... i'll chill out a bit now. thanx for the advice guys... just got a little carried away with my posting latez...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.