Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prabz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2003
Meri PHILLY meri jaan!
Hi! Does anyone have a Logitech "Mouseman Traveller" with their AlPowerbooks? I really love the look and compact size of the mouse, but on googling around, I found that they have compatibility issues with OS X [eventhough the Logitech website mentions nothing about that:confused: ] I did send an email to Logitech's Tech. support today, questioning the same. In the meantime I thought I'd ask you guyz for your opinions!

Prabz:)

Attachments

• 26.gif
    26.gif
    30.9 KB · Views: 306

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Re: "Mouseman Traveller" for AlPowerbook?

Originally posted by Prabz
Hi! Does anyone have a Logitech "Mouseman Traveller" with their AlPowerbooks? I really love the look and compact size of the mouse, but on googling around, I found that they have compatibility issues with OS X [eventhough the Logitech website mentions nothing about that:confused: ] I did send an email to Logitech's Tech. support today, questioning the same. In the meantime I thought I'd ask you guyz for your opinions!

Prabz:)

Yeah, used one for about 2 years, love it. Great scroll wheel, and feel.

I programmed the scroll wheel button to open a new tab in Safari. Very customisable.

Go for it! I've had ZERO problems with and without the Logitech drivers.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
yeah, a few things
1) Logitech seems to have a good to decent reputation with mac os x comaptiblity from what iv'e read here
2) Problems with perhips like mice are usually software problems.... or incomaptilbites so it wouldn't matter what computer you had (any one with USB) would produce that problem...

Prabz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2003
Meri PHILLY meri jaan!
Originally posted by gotohamish
Yeah, used one for about 2 years...
So... um.. are you still using it ?

Thanks for the info, though!

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
Problems with perhips like mice are usually software problems.... or incomaptilbites so it wouldn't matter what computer you had (any one with USB) would produce that problem...
I thought macs didn't *require* any software/driverz to recognize mice...

:(

Here's what I read recently:

"I think you hit upon the single best reason most of us with multi-platform experience who prefer Macs, prefer Macs - no messing around...
It reminds me of an event that occurred just this week. One of the IT guys at the office was disparaging my 12PB. So I borrowed a two button scroll mouse.
I plugged it into my XPpro box, and it "found new hardware" and installed the drivers in typical fashion.
He nodded.
I then transferred the mouse to the Mac.
Nothing.
At first he was going to cast a dispersion, but before he could, I demonstrated that the mouse worked.
That was quite an epiphany for him. The Mac didn't even have to install drivers.
It's a minor thing to us Mac users, but to him, it was unbelievable."
(Originally posted by PatrickOBrien, macrumors65816)

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
They dont require it, but if you want to make buttons do odd things (like new safari tabs) you have to make the mouse button do that with Logitech's software.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Yeah, used it for 2 years, still works flawlessly, but am about to give it away, to try the Kensington Studio Mouse for a while. I'll miss the little thing though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.