Moussaoui Says He Was Part of a Plot to Attack the White House

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 27, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

ny times

why the sudden admission, i wonder.

does he want the death penalty?

2. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Perhaps he is setting himself up to die as a martyr? He may see that as more honorable than spending the rest of his life in prison.

3. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

What a moron. The guy needs to be dead and buried, ASAP.

4. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

That won't happen it'll be 20yrs + before he's dead .. it's called appeals process:( :eek:

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Beats rotting in prison. I'm sure he'd thank you.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Then where was that plane that came down over PA headed?

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I agree, the whole thing stinks. It sounds like the guy is a fantasist. All the other planes had five or more hijackers on them, so why was this one supposed to have only two? Or have I missed something? If people weren't so keen on revenge, this guy would be getting psychiatric help.

8. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

well-kept secret: the plane hit its target. UBL hates pennsylvanian farmland.

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

They were aiming for the Amish.

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Doubtful. Remember, the Amish and the Quakers (as well as some Catholic organizations) were some of the first to protest the war. One of the reasons they were investigated by the NSA (without warrants BTW) and accused of aiding terrorists.

But I wasn't being facetious. I'm serious. What was that plane aiming for? And why/how was it taken down all the way out there, yet none of the others were? I'm really asking these questions, not making a point.

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Because by the time it came down many of the passengers and crew knew what had already happened to the WTC?

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Doesn't really answer the question. And raises others.

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Well, it could answer the last one.

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Kinda. But not really. I mean, think about it. Not saying there's a conspiracy, just that some things don't make sense.

15. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Okay Charlie, I know you're the most under-appreciated of the Sheen family, but let's not take this too far. :D

No, the plane was taken down by the passenger's crew. If I remember correctly, there was a cell phone call out of the plane made by one of the passengers to her husband talking about the take-over... But I could be wrong.

Anyway, I think it WAS headed for the whitehouse, or FBI Head Quarets...or FBI Tails Quarters....

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm not THAT bad (and I don't believe it was a conspiracy either :p badump bump), and I know about the passengers taking it down. My question is, if it wasn't headed for the White House, where was it headed? And if it was, why was it all the way out in PA? Didn't it come from Newark?

I'm sure I'm missing something, and I didn't say the gov planned it, just a lot of things that don't make sense.

17. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

methinks one wouldn't get reception at such an altitude. but there are those phones installed in the seats.

18. tristan macrumors 6502a

The plane was heading for DC, most likely the Capitol building. It was in the process of turning around. I saw a special on NatGeo.

19. angelneo macrumors 68000

I think that he shouldn't be send to the death row. He should be made to stay alive to see how the world evolved 20, 30 years later.

20. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Moussaoui is spared death penalty

Al-Qaeda plotter Zacarias Moussaoui is to face life in jail, rather than execution, for his role in the 9/11 attacks, a US jury has decided.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4943196.stm

Personally, I'm against the death penalty, so from my perspective this is the right decision.

21. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I agree, thou who wants to take bets on how long before he is killed in prison?

22. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I would imagine he'll be in some form of solitary confinement for the rest of his days...

23. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, I'm not one to be against the death penalty. I feel extreme actions deserve extreme punishment. But the fact that this guy is going to be holding the pockets and taking a hard pounding a few times a day from some mean inmates makes me real happy.

He wanted to die a martyr, and now he's going to have all of his Muslim-extremist beliefs defiled, every day, for the rest of his life. I love it. In his eyes, now, Alah will not allow him into heaven.

24. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Whatever. I think that Moussaoui actually knew squat about the planning for 9-11. If he doesn't confess to a whole lot of things he probably wasn't even involved with, the government gets him for nothing of any consequence. I suspect the jurors saw through his act and decided not to make him a martyr to a cause that apparently didn't even want anything to do with him. An execution would have been a travesty. The trial was bad enough.

25. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

even if he was supposed to be on one of the planes, isn't it the case that only one person on each plane actually knew the plot beforehand, and the others were told only on that day?