Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Okay, well as i am looking to get an Apple as soon as I save up enough.. So because of this, I normally go to my friends house to edit my home movies, well I had finished editing 3 movies when the unthinkable happened... in the process of burning, (After waiting nearly an hour) the Apple, shut down IDVD. :eek: As surprised I was to see this I did not feel like waiting another hour for it to burn, so I sent the .Mov files that IMovie made through file send and downloded them on my home PC, (in hopes to burn the files there) however when I opened them, somthing about Swipe 01 movie not found? and a few other errors like that one keep popping up.. anyone know how to fix this? (The Apple was an IMac G4)

(i say this as my pc locks up... ugh i hate pc's...)

AlephNull

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2005
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Texas04 said:
Okay, well as i am looking to get an Apple as soon as I save up enough.. So because of this, I normally go to my friends house to edit my home movies, well I had finished editing 3 movies when the unthinkable happened... in the process of burning, (After waiting nearly an hour) the Apple, shut down IDVD. :eek: As surprised I was to see this I did not feel like waiting another hour for it to burn, so I sent the .Mov files that IMovie made through file send and downloded them on my home PC, (in hopes to burn the files there) however when I opened them, somthing about Swipe 01 movie not found? and a few other errors like that one keep popping up.. anyone know how to fix this? (The Apple was an IMac G4)

(i say this as my pc locks up... ugh i hate pc's...)
How big were these files that you transfered to your home computer? big enough considering the length of the movie? I am asking this because some of the files that iMovie uses, such as the Timeline.mov or something, is simply a file that references to other files in the same folder. If Quicktime is telling you that certain files cant be found, then this may be the case.

I'm not even sure if these referenced .movs even work in windows.

BTW, is Swipe 01 the very first transition used in the movie?

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Yeah it is, i played with it a lil more and it continued to give me errors in order of the timeline that was in IMOVE, does this mean the .mov file is more like a directory that opens multiple files? it went on to give me errors Cannont find Clip 1.mov Cannot find Swipe 02.mov.. so my question.. where does the mac store all these clips and swipes nd transitons

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.