MOV files on ipod video?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by kntgsp, Feb 22, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

Ok I see all the "rip dvd's to ipod video" guides, and that's all good and swell. But what is the best way to get my .mov files onto the ipod? I have some episodes of a television show I'd like to put on there, and they are in MOV format. What's the easiest way to move them? I can't seem to find any prog that converts and all that jazz.

2. macrumors 68020

killuminati

This had been covered in thousands of threads, but a great program to use is iSquint.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

thnx

4. macrumors newbie

5. macrumors regular

I tried converting two long movies in iSquint, and the sound was off in both of them. Has this ever happened for you?

6. macrumors 68020

aricher

I've had a ton of sound problems with iSquint. Longer movies the sound has been off and some shorter movies the sound has dropped out altogether. I've never had this problem with Handbrake. I think someone has recoded a stripped down version of Handbrake now specifically for iPod conversions.

7. macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

can you convert .mov w/ Handbrake? I seem to have always had trouble with that.... also, is it possible to just change number of pixels in a .mp4 w/ Handbrake, b/c that's never worked for me either... :eek: