'move america forward' ads claim WMD found in iraq, et. al.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Dec 27, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

O. M. G.

I am totally at a loss to explain why these people are doing this.

I mean, what the ****?

I'm sorry that I can't create a coherent response, but...WTF?

Ok, let me distill it down to this: what's their motive?

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

To be a counterpoint to Moveon.org. (Notice the deliberately confusing similarity in their name.)

To propagandize for Bush and the neo-cons. (Look into their sponsors and I'm sure you'll find corporations which profit from Bush administration policies.)

They know they're in trouble, particularly regarding the 2006 election. This is apparently their way of fighting back (read: covering up, obscuring and outright lying).

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, when you have no defense left... lie. I doubt it's going to do anything more than preach to the converted though. People are sick of us still being in Iraq.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Whats really sick about all of this is the CIA trained Bin Laden, And Rumsfeld is the one giving chemicals to Saddam in the 80s! what does this mean to the crazy Republican first ,country second flag waver. nothing.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

If only one could say 'link please' when these commercials come on... I'd love to see what they cite as proof of these WMDs.

Of course, since Bush has admitted that the pre-war intelligence was wrong, I can't see how these ads can be all that effective.

Anyone here believe Saddam had WMDs and extensive ties to al Qaeda?

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I thought these parts of the article that Zim omitted were worth highlighting as well:
    Are these the same Republicans who squealed so loudly about conflicts of interest when Mark Rich was pardoned, who today don't care about conflicts of interest a whit?
    Forgive me if I don't buy this unverified single source testimony without a shred of physical evidence to back it up. Kind of soured on that when Chalabi fed us the same tale. You know the saying: "Fool me once and... uhh... ahh.... err... we won't get fooled again."