Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kamamac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Hi. I'm on vacation, and I purchased a city guide directly onto my new mac. Unfortunately, if I am to sync my iphone to my new mac, I'll lose all my current apps on my iphone. (My main computer w/ apps on the hard drive is my pc back home across the country.) I can't just download my newly purchased ($15.99!) city guide from my mac to my iphone without wiping my previous apps, which I want & need. Is there a way I can put my new app onto my iphone without losing everything else??? :( Thanks so very much, in advance.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
1) I don't think you will lose the current apps. I could be completely wrong about this, but I think it's just music and movies that you lose when you sync with a new library.

2) What you can try is purchasing the app on your phone now that you've bought it on your mac. The app store allows multiple downloads of the same app without recharging, so you should be able to do that without being charged twice.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
No you won't loose your Apps. Recently I connected my TOuch to a new Mac and clicked the Sync button. All of my Apps then appeared on my Mac. I think I even purchased some stuff on my Mac before I synced. You should be fine. You shouldn't loose anything.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
you can right click on your device in itunes and click transfer purchases this way all your apps should copy to the new mac and you should be fine then

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.