Move iTMS Files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sebisworld, Jul 16, 2004.

1. sebisworld macrumors 6502

Jun 24, 2003
    Okay, I'm selling my iMac on Ebay to get a 17" Powerbook. The iMac will be gone by the end of next week, my PowerBook might not arrive until the end of the month. I have an external firewire drive on which i am going to backup my entire HD, but I am not quite sure how to copy the iTMS songs. I know that you can authorize them on a second machine, but I don't know how one would do that, especially with the original computer not around. Additionally, I would like to know if I can de-authorize my Mac before I ship it or if that would void the songs, as there wouldn't be a computer that they are authorized on.
    Next big question mark is why I bought the MX900 on Amazon yesterday, when today I can get it for €8 less. I just don't feel like sending it back, though since that would just not be very nice. But I think that's not really part of the discussion here, it just annoys me :-( Well, at least my broken iPod (also on ebay) is at €52 right now. €52 for trash. Thank you very much.
  2. kgarner macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2004
    You should be able to deauthorize the computer before you ship (and you should). Then when the new one arrives, just load up the songs and try to play one of them. iTunes will ask for your account information and offer to authorize the new computer for you.