"Move over Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?"

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sirin, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Sirin macrumors member

Sirin

Some kid named Brian Bouchard and his delusional friends think they are the next Microsoft. They have "proved" this by stuffing old computer parts in a fragile pine box, writing a simple outdated DOS-based Operating System, and stealing the name "Episoft". What's worse is that they even think they can stand up to obviously better OSes like Windows Vista, Mac OS X, Solaris, and Linux.

"Your looking at, possibly, the newest revolution in computer history..." - Brian Bouchard

Even worse, the news is actually taking this seriously. :rolleyes:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7TJUd7h5TgM

2. bartelby macrumors Core

I stopped watching when he started going on about Phoenixes...

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I do not think that Jobs has much to fear....for now... ;) :)

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

maybe they plan to go back in time 30 years and take over the world.....

5. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

For people who know jack about computers this is amazing. I bet that's why they ran the story, invoking amazement on the average Joe and thereby keeping him entertained.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Am I the only person who finds American news channels irritating? Maybe it was CNN, the only english channel we got in Spain, but I find the over-excited voices and the patronising tone annoying.

As for the content. Wow. Just. Wow. :D

7. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Hey, wasn't this kid on MacRumors somewhere? I thought I asked him for a screen shot of something...he mentioned Phoenix's too! LOL.

EDIT: Different guy. Oops.

The kid in that video thinks he's the shizzle because he took a crappy PC out of a case and put it in a wooden box and made some t-shirts?

8. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

You're just jealous because your company's COO isn't wearing braces and your chief hardware architect hasn't had acne in 30 years.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Man, what losers™

11. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

cant you get bbc channels, with bbc news your greeted with an apocalyptic rave track every time you want to hear the news, it's great.

12. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

I just love the name of the computer

"Epitaph"

Sounds dead on it's feet to me:D :D

13. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

As a teenager, I am appalled at the immense stupidity of these individuals. Yeah, we took a few pieces of wood and some old crap and put together some old system that our computer science teacher taught us how to make. And now we get nifty names like Chief Executive of Supplying Doughnuts and get to be on the local news!

Well congratulations. Take your phoenix and your little toy box and go find a girlfriend.

Was that bitchy? I'm sorry. I just get annoyed by seeing people get attention when they really did nothing to merit it. It's not like other teenagers haven't done this what, 600,000 times before.

14. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Don't we have someone here wanting to make an OS called Phoenix :p hahah

15. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

*goes off to send in large check and buy significant stake in venture*

I'm somewhat skeptical that the newest revolution in computing uses 3.5" floppy disks.... :eek:

I think it's cute to see these kids pursuing a dream... but I somehow think their dream is founded on a radical misunderstanding of the computer market... :(

16. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

Yes, Mr. Rosati pointed him out above... :cool:

17. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Yeah, I completely agree. Kids do stuff like this all the time, and don't go asking local news stations to do reports about it. As for them going anywhere, I think they'll get as far as a rejection letter from the Patent Office. ;)

I found this hilarious BTW.

18. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I don't. I think they should be smacked for being non-productive and sent to work camps to perform manual labor for the embetterment of society. Not really... but it does annoy me. I mean really, wow, they copied something that someone more intelligent did 20 years ago and managed to give themselves neat names. What's next "Chief of Obtaining Sodas"?

Show me something new and original and innovative that they can do, and then I'll be impressed. Until then, excuse me while I feel better about myself because I am a realist.

19. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Oh, pish-tush...put some happy music in your pink iPod and jam out for a while, my friend. :eek: ;) :eek:

Speaking of which, where's the pink cover for my iPod?

And why can't these kids invent some non pseudo-ephedrine based nasal decongestants for Gary??? :(

20. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Actually I no longer have the pink iPod mini. I sold it and bought a silver 6 gig. :( I love the 6 gig, but I miss my pink.

21. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Awww, I totally would, too. :( On the plus side, I found the pink case for my iPod! :D

22. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

So they took all the components out of some x86 crap box, threw them in a wooden box, and it's supposed to be a new revolution in computers?

Did they not get the memo that Wozniak didn't simply order the parts online and put them together, but actually designed and built them?

I think that news team just has never seen the inside of a computer, so they look at all the parts and are like "WOOOOOOAAAAAH THESE KIDS BUILT A WOOD COMPUTER OMG FRONT PAGE!!!!!1111"

:rolleyes:

The only accomplishment i see there is their own OS, which looks VERY rudimentary at the time being. I find it interesting they don't talk about it at all.

23. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I'd like to ask why the hell they'd use a wooden box. Just to copy Woz? I mean, there are so many more logical things they could be using that are less heavy, clunky, and stupid these days.

24. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I just can't wait until they get to the big time and then they get slapped with a lawsuit by MS and Apple! Episoft, stole it from Microsoft. Then their rainbow colored icon? Please reminds me too much of the old Apple logo. If they want to go to the big time, they have to change their name and logo. I can see their new name and logo. Their new name would be Mpple and their logo would be a solid blue window. :p

25. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

oh whatever it's just regular run off the mill marketing speak. Every company thinks their revolutionary, and how is it every company is an "industry leader" with all those leaders, who's following? Most often the companies making those claims.

I wouldn't get too upset about it, hell google "Industry Leader" and tell me how many of those companies you've ever heard of before?