Move Photos from Windows Ipod to Mac?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by leprechaun8942, Jan 2, 2008.

1. macrumors member

May 15, 2007
    One of my friends recently lost her harddrive, but had some of her favorite pictures backed up on her Ipod. I have tried putting them on my Mac from Senuti or Pod View, but they are not showing up in the file lists. Any suggestions?
  2. thread starter macrumors member

May 15, 2007
  3. Guest

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
    Does music show up ? I wouldn't think you could retrieve anything from a Windows iPod.
  4. thread starter macrumors member

May 15, 2007
    Yeah, music does show up. I was somewhat surprised that it did, but I just can't figure out why music will show up when the pictures won't.
  5. macrumors newbie

Jul 13, 2008
    this works!

I have a retired friend that had the same issue as you (PC crashed, pictures still on iPod) and we have been trying to solve this for months! Because he had a PC the Apple store people gave vague answers. After many searches within the Apple website I did a google search, came up with your question and this apple discussion:

It had a listing of Mac and PC options to transfer files from the iPod back to the computer (see below).

The following are the options for PC:
    iPodRip Mac & Windows
    YamiPod Mac & Windows
    Music Rescue Mac & Windows
    iPodCopy Mac & Windows

I randomly chose iPodCopy Mac & Windows and when you click the link it takes you here:

I loaded the program and it read the picture files and with minimal setup, it transfered the pictures to the PC. :)

Hope this works as well for you as it did for me.