Moved some songs that weren't in iTunes folder...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iSaint, Sep 21, 2006.

1. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I was browsing through my folders last night during class (yes, kids, even old people get bored in school), and I saw that there were a number of artists' folders (containing music) outside of the iTunes folder. So, being the intelligent one I am I decided to move them on over to the iTunes folder. Now it seems I have replaced some of the folders and their content, and, in doing so, some of my music.

Aside from mounting my iPod, is there any way to recover what has been lost?

thanks in advance...

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do you let iTunes manage your music files (this is the default setting)? If so and you let your folders from outside of the Music folder replace those within the Music folder, then you might need to use Senuti to get your music back from your iPod. If your iPod is set to automatically sync when plugged in, then remember to cancel that sync. :)

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Are you getting those (!) marks next to your songs and the message "We can't blah blah...would you like to locate it" If so then all you have to do is locate the tracks in your itunes folder if they are there and thats that.

Unless you might need to rip them from the ipod again.

Bless

4. iSaint thread starter macrumors 603

iSaint

I believe this to be the case.

I have iPodisk, but it's not mounting the iPod. I wonder if iTunes 7 is not compatible with the old software. I'll check out Senuti. Thanks.

2nyRiggz the songs aren't there to locate. :( Thanks for the tip, though!