Movie Catalog

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by aidricksdad, Feb 17, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

aidricksdad

I was looking thru the app store for i way to manage what movies i have and what i want i found a couple of apps but neither seems to work to well and body have an other ideas or know of other apps i might have missed. the two are movie catalog and dvd dash
    thanx peeps

2. macrumors regular

Nanook

If you have a Mac, DVDpedia is a great desktop program that syncs with their iPhone app, Pocketpedia. I believe Pocketpedia can run as a standalone, but I wouldn't want to enter a collection of any size on it, alone.

3. macrumors regular

IronWaffle

I actually did enter my collection (~500 titles). It wasn't so bad when spreading the work over a week or two. Unfortunately, I had to restore my iPod not long after and for whatever reason the backup didn't take. I put PocketPedia back on the iPod intending to do the entry again but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the work unless I could be sure a backup would work (I run Windows so DVDpedia's not an option). I've since deleted the app from my iPod, but I keep it in iTunes so that I keep the updated version. Maybe eventually...

4. macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.
    My husband (who has 2000+ titles) just saw this thread and made a worrying sound that suggested he was intrigued. Sounds like another project to drive me crazy! :)

5. thread starter macrumors regular

aidricksdad

6. macrumors regular

7. macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.
    He has a sort of self-built list so it will have to better that one before any money changes hands... we shall see!

8. macrumors 6502a

Four20

I agree with them, Pocketpedia is the best for organizing your media collection.