Movie organization program?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by goodtimes5, Nov 25, 2005.

1. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

Apple already has programs like iTunes and iPhoto for organizing your music and photos, respectively. Is there any program that offers such simple but effective organization for all movie file types (including avi)?

I know that iTunes offers movie organization, but quite frankly it sucks.

I was thinking maybe there was some third-party software, but I don't know of any.

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

iPhoto seems to organise movies - any good to you? (or did you mean iPhoto and not iTunes)

3. goodtimes5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

Actually, I didn't know that iPhoto organized movies, but it isn't what I'm looking for. Clicking on the movie in the library causes it to open Quicktime Player, and when it's an .avi file that doesn't play in Quicktime, that sucks.

4. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

I don't use iPhoto for Movie organising, I just have my movie footage in folder on an ext. drive. I just noticed iPhoto pulled a couple of my smaller movies in once when I uploaded a bunch of pics from my other machine.

5. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

iVideo (http://www.waterfallsw.com/ivideo/) does a pretty good job with media management. The only real drawback is that it only plays files that quicktime can play. If that works for you then its pretty nice.