Movie Producer Gregg Hoffman Dies at 42

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by puckhead193, Dec 6, 2005.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

2. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

NOOOO!!! This man made two great films...sigh
    It is sad to see him go.

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

The money got to him.

All crap movies, anyways.

irmongoose

4. fareast macrumors newbie

why would we care here?

Is there any reason this is news? I mean he is one from the lowest level of Hollywood..died working on version 3 of his first movie. Enough already of people who make version three of something that was orginally made by someone else. This man was simply trying to "win the lottery" with crap movies. Winning the lottery means he made no effort for his enrichment doesn't it. How about new on someone who is actually making entertainment?

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Yeah, a senior VP at Disney who went on to produce 2 very profitable movies and had multi-picture deals w/Lions Gate and Dimension. What a loser :rolleyes: If you think that's the "lowest level of Hollywood" you have no idea what you are talking about. This town can do much worse than that.

That statement makes no sense at all.

No, he said he "won the lottery" because he started w/a no-budget 8 minute short in '03 and by '05 he had made 2 very profitable movies, 2 more movies in the works, and has deals w/two studios. That's more success than most people in this town will have in their entire career. If I was in the same place I'd feel like I won the lottery too. Skill and talent will only get you so far (there's just too much competition). It takes some help from Lady Luck to succeed in Hollywood (hence the common "lottery" metaphor).

Lethal