Movie Studio Execs Finally Wake Up! RIAA Next?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by stoid, Oct 2, 2005.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

LATimes Article

I wonder if the RIAA will wake up now too and realize that slumps in album sales aren't due to piracy, but due to the poor quality of their product.

2. Bote macrumors regular

Bote

Hahaha I never thought I would hear movie execs admit that they are making crap. They should not have to worry about movie piracy. It has been months since I watched a movie that I would waste a blank dvd on let alone the time to rip and burn it. I pretty much only watch independent movies now. I would rather spend my money on a good movie with subtitles than a bad movie from hollywood. Just my 2 cents.... ;)

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't think the music industry is going to follow suit. ;)

4. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Most likely not. The music industry is stale. It has been for years. What happened to the great bands like Alice in Chains, Sponge, and others that were redefining rock and roll in the 90's? Oh, that's right, the music industry screwed them all, and thus some of them killed themselves. Great job Recording Industry! You've given sucky music the upperhand!

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Why would they? Ashlee Simpson is of high quality.
    If she isn't a real musician, I don't know who is!

[​IMG]
    Come on, you totally take her seriously as a musician.

geez, I hate about 90% of the current music scene! I think the music industry peaked in 1824 when Mendelssohn wrote his viola sonata...
    :D:D

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Layne Staley OD'd on heroin and coke and Sponge is still releasing albums. Pop music goes in cycles. Something new comes along, it sounds good and sells, so every band w/even a remotely similar sound gets signed. Then that "sound" gets totally played to death, bands start getting dropped, and something new comes along. Wash, rinse, repeat. I'd say 7-8 years or so is the typical cycle length.

Great music is out there. Great music has always been out there. Great music will always be out there. It just might not be getting shoved in yer face by a multimillion dollar marketing campaign. Go find it. Why are you waiting on a major label to hand it to you on a silver platter?

Lethal