Movie Synopis

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mic j, Mar 30, 2012.

1. macrumors 68020

Mar 15, 2012
    Is there a way, using the aTV 3 remote, to view the complete movie description on my local movies? I can see a couple of lines but then it always seems to get cut off with a "...". So, I assume there is a way to view what is after the "...", but I haven't been able to figure out how.

Also, I have been using Subler to add metadata to my transcodes. There are 2 fields, short description and long description. Does iTunes/aTV pull the description that appears on the aTV from the short or long description?
  2. macrumors 6502

Mar 11, 2009
  3. thread starter macrumors 68020

Mar 15, 2012
    Thank you. That does help a bit, knowing that the more metadata fields you fill in the less description you have. Looks like I go about 300 movies and edit all the metadata...all just for the aTV. PITA!

I think what bugs me, is that there are 2 redundant functions on the remote. Press "select" or "play" and the movie starts. On such a streamlined remote, you don't need 2 presses that do the same thing. Why couldn't they use "select" to take you to a full movie display with all metadata/cover art and "play" to start the movie. :confused:

I figure, about the time I get all of my metadata customized for the aTV they will release an update that allows full metadata display...right?:D