Movie tab disappeared from my Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by tdotto, Oct 10, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Just discovered that the 'MOVIES' tab has disappeared from my Apple TV interface. I have not updated any software for many months.

What could it be?

2. macrumors 6502

I noticed some missing tabs the other day, and what happened was my internet was down. I had to cycle the power on my cable modem. Once it was back online then all the tabs came back. This sounds like what is happening for you. I bet TV is missing too.

If you go into settings, network, I bet your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx (dummy IP address when it has no internet connection).

3. thread starter macrumors member

My Internet has had no problem, even on Apple TV I am able to receive Internet content such as YouTube and Radio Stations?

4. macrumors 6502

That's pretty strange then. I would say if you restart ATV by unplugging and you are still missing menus, then you should contact Apple. I have had a few glitches that were resolved by restarting the box, but sleeping the unit won't do it.

5. thread starter macrumors member

will try, however I've got Boxee installed and sometimes Apple Store staff doesn't want to help when that's the case.