Movies icon showing foreign cover art

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by vbmike73, Apr 23, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

My ATV 2 is fully updated, and for a while, it has been showing foreign movie cover art. NOT talking about my local movies, or movies I've purchased in iTunes. When on the home screen, and I have the Movie icon selected, it shows popular movies across the top. But why are they all foreign cover arts??? I'm in the US, I have my location set correctly, yet I can recognize the movie as like Forrest Gump for example, but it doesn't say that at all. What's going on?

2. macrumors 601

ftaok

Sounds pretty odd. Perhaps your IP address is showing up as a foreign IP address on Apple's servers. I'd say that you might want to re-boot, to see if that fixes it.

EDIT - now that I think about it, here's a question. If you browse the Movie/TV store from within the aTV, do you get US films/shows or foreign ones?

3. thread starter macrumors regular

I have tried rebooting, but I'm not sure about when I browse the store. I'll check tonight and let you know.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, I fixed this. I had my location set correctly for the time zone as New York. I also had my language set to English. So I checked the store as you suggested and everything was in another language, even the genre headers. So I looked more in Settings and went into iTunes Store. There I found another location setting that was set to Italian. No clue how it got set to that. Once I did that, I suddenly saw my Music icon and TV Shows icon on the home screen. I thought that was odd to that I never saw the new interface after the new software. Now it all works great, and I can actually browse movies and trailers. Thanks!