Movies in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Camille, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Camille macrumors regular

Don't u think it stinks movies in the store don't come with bonus stuff like on DVDs??

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i think it is possible that Apple will soon release extra content. many music albums come with the "digital booklet" or a music video - they didn't initially come with these extras.

the movie store is still new... give it time to develop and respond to people's demands. perhaps you should write to Apple and suggest this feature.

even so, $9.99, $12.99, or $14.99 is still expensive for a movie you cannot even burn to a DVD, with or without the extra content (read: the pricing is probably more of an issue than the extra content you're missing by buying from the iTS).

3. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

I don't know, I think maybe Steve's a purist. He wants to watch the movie, not look behind the curtain. Think about the iMac itself, all-in-one, no matainence, no upgrades. Would a person who sells such a computer watch deleted scenes (which are usually deleted for a reason) or the how-the-movie-was-made extras?

Besides the extra bandwidth costs, that is. How long were the extras for LotR?

4. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk

5. mdickson macrumors regular

I've never watched any special features on any dvd and I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

6. Kartel macrumors newbie

I'm sorry to say it, but I think the pricing is pure BS. You get no extra features and the quality is less than that of dvd, and you are limited on what platforms you can view it on (such as, oh ..on a dvd player maybe). You are paying the same price, but getting dramtically less. And for that reason, I call bs. I do like the idea of being able to download movies and tv shows (in this case, torrents are good friends of mine). I even have no problem with the idea of paying for it. But the pricing must be reasonable. And I'm sorry, but paying the same price as a dvd, but getting so much less than a dvd, ..is not reasonable.

The pricing for what Apple current offers in regards to movie and tv should be no less than half what they currently charge. Same goes for the music too, but my main gripe right now is the video media. I want to support the iTunes store. I want to support Apple and their progressive ideas. But I DO NOT want to feel like I'm getting ripped off in doing so. And right now that's exactly what the store offers. It offers lower quality. It offers strings-attached-DRM. It offers little or no extras. And it charges what amounts to about the same price as if you had just bought the dvd. But in that case, you could pretty much play it on anything, have higher quality, and usually extra features.

There is only one condition in which I would consider paying good money for this lower-quality drm-filled media. And that would be upgradability. If they would allow you do re-download the content at a later time, at higher quality as technology advances (such as upgrading a current 640x480 movie to HD when it becomes available), and have this upgrade be free or otherwise extremely cheap ..that would possibly make it worthwhile. But there is no way in hell I can justify paying full price for a low quality copy with strings attached, not if that's all I'm going to get for the money.

[/rant]