Movies on UK itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nathanbusby, Feb 19, 2007.

1. nathanbusby macrumors newbie

Apr 24, 2006
    Turks and Caicos islands
    Does anybody know when the UK iTunes is likely to be getting movies that we can download.
    I have a UK account and I want to be able to download movies. Obviously this can't be done on the UK site. Does anyone know of any other sites that allow movie download apart from the US site?
  2. MrPineapples macrumors member

Jan 4, 2006
    London, UK
    I expect they are doing deals for UK movies at the moment, but your guess is as good as mine as to when they'll be released (I'd don't suppose we'll have to wait too long).

Otherwise I know of no 'legal' way to get iPod video's from the net.

You can always buy the DVD, & copy it to your computer, I've heard of iSquint but not really used it. Check version tracker if your interested in that method, there are a lot of app's available for this.

It does seem like a lot of hassle for me though if you already have it in a superior format.

Edit - Sorry you didn't mention that they where for the iPod (I didn't read your post, my bad), as for non-iPod video downloads I still don't know of any legal UK option.
  3. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Mar 22, 2006
    You could buy US iTunes Store gift cards on eBay, and use them to download movies from the US site. Not sure how legal this is, but it will work.
  4. tris01 macrumors newbie

Jan 18, 2007
    York uk
    I cant see why apple are bothering to release the :apple:tv over here with only Pixar shorts and music video in the uk. I don't think I will part with my cash until they sort this out
  5. mrkramer macrumors 603

Jul 11, 2006
    Unless you have a US billing address you cannot legally buy from the US store.
  6. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    Have you not thought of ripping your DVDs? Much like you rip your CDs to iTunes.
  7. tris01 macrumors newbie

Jan 18, 2007
    York uk
    Yeah but then i may aswell just play them in my dvd player and the picture quality is not as good unless its a big file
  8. wushi macrumors newbie

Jun 4, 2008

i slipped in to the movie section somehow it looks good i went to tv shows short films then at the to there was another catorgary saying films click on it thats what i did:D