Movin' Out

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by streetcore, Sep 1, 2004.

1. streetcore macrumors newbie

Sep 1, 2004
    I am going to college (Art Institute of Pittsburgh) in october and have been saving up cash all summer long for the purchase of a new powerbook. Classes start Oct. 4th but I'm moving down there the week before - so I've got about 3 weeks to get a machine.

I realy want to order online as the machine I have configured is cheaper than the in store model, and has a better graphics card - If I were to order this custum machine in the next few days, would it ship before I move?

I want to order before I go as I will be far to busy with finding a job and getting settled in to worry about ordering.

3 weeks, any suggestions?
  2. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Apr 16, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Configure the machine and add it to your cart. What is the estimated ship time showing as? My guess is that since the PowerBooks seem to be in good supply, you should have no problem getting your computer in the next 3 weeks. Assuming stuff is in stock, Apple gets orders out very quickly, even custom order ones.
  3. streetcore thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 1, 2004
    Yeah, good point - it says 3-5 days.

I checked that out last week and thought it said 3-5 weeks.

I apologize for my lack of sleep ;)
  4. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    you could get it shipped to your new addy, or do u need to have it right when u move