Moving Aperture Library to iPhoto on Another MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SteinMaster, Mar 30, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

SteinMaster

I want to move my Aperture library to my wife's MacBook Pro and import the library into her iPhoto. Does anyone have a workflow that will work? I want her to have my Aperture photos imported into iPhoto on her MacBook Pro.

I saw a lot of posts for importing Aperture libraries into iPhoto on the same computer. I didn't see anything for moving the library to another computer and then importing into iPhoto.

Thanks

2. trigonometry, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013

macrumors 6502

trigonometry

Should be copy and paste. Just open from the file menu in iPhoto. I did some back and forth when I was setting up my new Mac a few months ago but I can't remember if I opened my Aperture Library in iPhoto or not. How large is your library? Is copying the photos to a thumb drive out of the question?

3. macrumors 603

Does your Wife's MBP already have an iPhoto Library on it? If so - are trying to create two separate libraries, and depending on your needs iPhoto will open library 1 OR library 2. Or.... are tying to to merge two libraries together into one library.

The actually moving of the photos is easy.... the images and database are contained in a single folder.

Whatever you do, keep a backup copy of that folder somewhere safe until you are confident that everything is working as intended.