Moving "Artist" column before "Title"

Discussion in 'iPod' started by virtual.rx, Dec 11, 2006.

1. virtual.rx macrumors newbie

May 17, 2006
    It is really annoying that I can not seem to get the Artist column to move before Title.

I like to see the playlist like: Artist - Title - Album

Maybe I just need to adjust to it?

Although it would be great if you could help me out! :)
  2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Oct 17, 2006
    I wish I could say that my answer is going to help, but unfortunately it is going to help in the wrong direction than the answer you are hoping to hear. Sorry to say, cannot be done, right now....
  3. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Sep 12, 2005
    far away
    That's another reason why there should be a iTunes Basic and a iTunes Pro. Beginners wouldn't be able to mess up the Basic version. The advanced users could adjust the Pro version to their needs.
  4. virtual.rx thread starter macrumors newbie

May 17, 2006
    That is a huge, HUGE downside.
    I mean, why the hell can it not be moved?
    And why is showing the title of the song before the artist?

The whole library and the logic behind it is just too heavy for me and my 300 gb archive of music.

Determening gapless playback, cant be turned off.
    Album art search, I dont know if it can be turned off.

I dont use iTunes for anything else than moving stuff to my 5G iPod :)

iTunes looks nice and if they fix above mentioned problems, then I surely will be using it as my player of choice.

VLC i like, because you can drag folder onto it and the playlist behaves like finder so you can expand and contract the folders on your playlist.

Sorry, if this sounded like a rant. :)
  5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Is there a feedback menu item? Let them know in a way that isn't a rant. ;)

You can't drag the first column to the right?
  6. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

Nov 1, 2005
    Birmingham, UK
    I completely agree

inability to move columns artist/track suck.
  7. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    :confused: It's "Name" you can't move or even hide. All the other fields are negotiable.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find the browser to be the best way to "handle" a large library. This way you get Genre/Artist/Album fields up top and the usual file list down below.

8. Aniej macrumors 68000

Oct 17, 2006
    What are you talking about? gapless playback can be employed as you need it to and what would turning album art search off do? it only kicks in when you specifically request it, i.e., it is off until you invoke it.
  9. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    All columns are sortable, so I don't really see this is a "downside," let alone a "HUGE" one. If you can organize all columns, what does it matter which comes first?