Moving Data from PB 1400CS

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by netdog, Jan 25, 2007.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I have a lot of data on an old Powerbook 1400CS that I need to move to a modern hard drive but I don't think that the floppies will be compatible with a 1.44 USB floppy that I am considering buying from Apple.Com

Any clever ideas about how I can move this data through to an Intel iMac without buying a lot of hardware?

Also, how could I make this PB useful? It doesn't seem to have an ethernet connection. Is there any easy way to hang it on a modern home network?

2. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

The disk drive on the PB 1400 will work with both 1.44 & 800k disks. So that USB floppy drive your looking at should work fine. Your best solution though, particularly if you want to use the PB1400 on the internet is find yourself an old 16bit Orinoco WiFi card. I use a PB1400 often on my wireless network with a Dell Tumobile card and OS8.6, I even have access to my idisk, with this setup you should then be able transfer all the files you want. There are a number of threads covering setting up WiFi on a PB1400 in the Apple Collectors forum.