Moving from black to white iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abz1981, Nov 22, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Hey all
    I have always had the black iPhone considering getting the white iphone 5 when I upgrade next month. Anyone else moved from black to white iPhone. Did you ever feel that you wish you stayed with black or happy with the white one. I know it's down to individual choice end of the day but just seeing what everyone else did. Also from my understanding and reading of the iPhone 5 in black it is more prone to scuff gate compared to white one right? Also is the white one more easily capable of having noticble scratch marks if I did end up accidentley getting a scratch or is it the black one more noticble?

2. macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

3. macrumors 6502

Usually this is my thoughts about this kind of thread but this "kid" isn't asking which one looks cooler, he's asking which one is more susceptible to damage.

If you want to avoid scratches get the white one, plain and simple. Even if it does get nicked on the edge, it still looks just like the factory finish so you won't notice it unless you go really, really close. I have the black one and even though I take care of it, I'm still getting nicks here and there. Doesn't bother me because I'd rather use it naked and get a few nicks than have to use it with a case.

4. macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Isn't it pretty obvious that the white hides damage better ?

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks stonyboys for your input. hm kinda leaning in the direction of the white one now :)

6. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Black - scuffs and scratches show easier
    White - Dirt shows easier and can get stuck between the bezel or at the bottom just above the lightning charger.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

tymaster, didn't know: get stuck between the bezel or at the bottom just above the lightning charger.

this happened to yours? or anyone elses?

8. macrumors regular

Had dirt slip in at the bezel on my white iPhone 4S, wasn't able to remove it. Not sure how normal it is through.

9. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

yes dirt can and will get in between there and it's very hard to clean off.

10. macrumors 601

gloss

Should be able to clean it with a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol.

11. macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Yep.

And in my opinion, the dirt looks WORSE than scratches.

----------

No, it's really not cleanable... If you owned one you'd know :)

12. macrumors 6502

The dirt around the the edges between the glass and metal can be cleaned by lightly scraping between them with a 25g needle. A small sewing needle or pin may do the trick as well but may be too big.

13. macrumors 6502

Holmes093

Had a Black iPhone 4
    Had a White iPhone 4s
    Have a White iPhone 5

iPhone 5 in white does get dirty but I only notice mine as I have a screen protector and you can see it gets caught in some very small crevices, if you just get a small needle and wrap the tip with a microfiber cloth, then go over these areas you'll be all good to go, you can even just use your fingernail :)

14. macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

But dirt is easy to remove .

You can't remove scratches.

The answer is simple.

Once you go white you're always right.

15. macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

It's not removable... Clearly you've never even bothered to try on your phone :) Scratches do not bother me as they are a regular part of owning a phone - DIRT really is not!

The answer is simple: Pick the colour you like. Lmfao. White is not better than black; and vice versa. Stop being childish

16. macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

You can't remove dirt? Are you what they call a lunatic?

17. macrumors member

This.

You can even use a tooth pick. Owned a 4S in white and now a white iPhone 5, which I've had nearly a month and still has no dirt to be found on it. Maybe because of the Ultra Thin Air Spigen Case.