Moving iLife 06 from a iMac G5 to a eMac G4 Panther

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bozzinil, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bozzinil macrumors newbie

Hi friends,
    I just bought a iMac G5 17 " that comes with 2 Install Discs and, among other things, iLife 06 installed.
    I would like to be able to move the application iLife 06 to my eMac G4 with Panther (without having to buy again the software).
    Apparently, this should be possible, among other ways by connecting the 2 computers with a firewire cable.

Can anybody tell me exactly how to do this? I am a retired guy not very proficient with IT, so I doubt I will ever be able to help anybody (except my wife even less proficient...) but I would appreciate it, if some younger experts could help me in this matter.
    Thanks in advance.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Unfortunately the software is only licensed to the iMac so telling you how to do this might get MacRumors in trouble. :eek:

3. fsck3r macrumors newbie

fsck3r

Get pacifist to view the packages on the install disk 1 and then goto the .packages directory of the install CD and there you will find the packages!

4. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

You shouldn't ignore a mad jew caution.

5. bozzinil thread starter macrumors newbie

One step forward....

Thank you very much, fsck3r
    Pacifist was «chinese» for me, but even an older amateur can progress. So I googled Pacifist software, and downloaded Pacifist 1.6.3 (I conclude this is the only version that can be downloaded for free).

Now, because I am an amateur, I do not want to create trouble on both of my computers. Is it possible for you to be more explicit, that is to list the several steps I have now to take in order to move iLife 06 to my eMac ( I have a firewire cable for connecting the 2 computers).
    Thank you very much.

6. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

No, he can't. It's against the Terms of Service on MacRumors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.