Moving into new house next week

Discussion in 'Community' started by CompUser, Aug 3, 2005.

1. CompUser Guest

Next week I'll being into my new house. It's in the same town and I'll be going to the same school but my parents wanted a newer bigger house. It looks almost exactly like the house in the picture below except the garage is on the other side of the house, on the left side of the house there is a 1 story addtion, and we have a circular driveway, and the floorplan is different. The architect of the house below is the same one as our house. Its on 2.5 acres, it has 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, 2 half bathrooms, and an inground pool :).

It has no lawn or landscaping yet and the driveway has not been paved

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

So I assume it's fully wired for multiple wi-fi stations?

3. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

What is it with Macrumors members having more money than some small countries? Whats the square feet on that thing? :eek:

4. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Sorry double post, but while I'm here...

My Sim doesn't even have a house that big. :D

5. CompUser thread starter Guest

Every room has ethernet and I think were going to have one in the basment. If thats not powerful enough I think one will go in the office.
    It also has fiber optic which obviously we can't take advantage of, but in the future supposidly that will replace cat5

6. Frisco macrumors 68020

Wow! Great house congrats!

The house is great and I love that rock..

7. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

If you take away the garage it's not really that big.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Does your property come with that great rock, too?

If not, is it too late to get your money back? Did your parents already sign and make a deposit?

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, and if you take away the 1 storey addition, the storey above the garage, and pretend that space doesn't exist, it's small. ;)

I really love that house. I hope that one day, I'll be fortunate enough to buy a home that nice. I like homes where the garage isn't "inside" the house itself, but is semi-detached from it like in your photo.

10. CompUser thread starter Guest

Square footage wise its something like 3500 square feet. It has a Kitchen w/eating area, dining room, "bulters pantry", family room, living room, bonus room over the garage, 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathes, 2 half baths, office, laundry room, and a 3 bay garage.

My dad almost took a job in Texas and I was amazed that you could by a fairly new 4.000 square foot house for merely $400,000 and a 3,000 square foot house for $300,000. Then again all of the houses looked the same, had no yard, and had no basments.

And yes it does have a large rock, and a stone wall out by the road.

Its not that its huge, its attension to detail, such as the nice pillars by the door, molding around the windows, molding inside, a nice kitchen, etc.

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is a very nice looking house CompUser. You must be very proud. Which window is your bedroom, that is if it's in the front. Will your computer be in your room. Or will there be a room specifically for your computer? Do you have natural wood flooring? Any Wainscoting?

12. CompUser thread starter Guest

My beadroom is in the back of the house. The foyer, living room, dining room, and two of the bathrooms have wainscoting. All the rooms on the first floor except my parents bedroom have cherry hardwood flooring. Also the office and hallway upstairs have hardwood. My beadroom has a 1/2 hexagon shaped bump out where a desk is built in so thats where I'll have my computers, I won't be able to fit in my 21" CRT so I want to get the 20" Dell LCD.

The dining room's floor is really cool. It has this wierd border that is similar like the picture below.

[​IMG]

13. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Shizza that house is big. Hope that you enjoy it... :)

14. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

:eek: Yikes! CompUser, if you see a guy out on your front lawn tossing pebbles at your bedroom window, ask him what his MR handle is....

:D :D

15. CompUser thread starter Guest

That would be scary.
    "Uhh yea... I changed my mind... I don't have a window..."

Oh yea and ours has two fireplaces instead of the one in that house.
    Also no vinyl siding which seems to be common theses days.

16. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I like the windows and the garage doors. Very nice.

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Not to worry, I pose you no danger at all. :eek:

Would prefer to be friends. ;) I like a fireplace, think that they add a lot to a house.

What type of siding will the house have?

I love the look of natural wood in a house. I think the flooring in your picture is beautiful. Will look forward to the actual pictures of your house.

18. CompUser thread starter Guest

The house will have natural wood, stained grey. The flooring in the house is a little bit nicer looking than the stuff in the picture. The kitchen is big, it has white cabinets and the uppermost cabinets have glass windows in them but their fogged so you can't see whats inside. We have a viking gas cook top, double ovens, sub-zero fridge, dishwasher with wood front to make it blend in, 2 freezer drawers, and a 2 level island with 4 barstools.

The pool is not completed either.

19. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Nice looking house, but I'm more impressed by the 2.5 acres of land... where I live people are packed in pretty tightly. Enjoy the house, and the nature surrounding it. :)

20. CompUser thread starter Guest

Thank you. 2.5 acres isn't a whole lot for the section town I live in. Some people have 4. Some people have 14 acres. It's nice not having your backyard looking right into another house.

Property values are going sky rocketing in town. Our previous house 3000 square feet, 2 acres, 2 master bedrooms (intresting story), 2 other bedrooms, office which could be a small bedroom, living room, dining room, family room, bonus room, 3 car garage, and inground pool was purchased for around $475,000 and we sold it for $629,000 3 years later. We had a 2 acre piece of property that we were thinking of building on because it had a mountain view but we didn't like how you see a little of house in the backyard. My parents bought the land for $96,000 and sold it for $121,000 two years after buying it.

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Hopefully the pool will be done before cool weather. Would be such a shame to have to wait until next year.

The fogged windows should be good also for keeping the heat out in summer and the warmth in during the winter.

Will we get to see actual pictures of the new house?