moving iTunes Digital Booklets between Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mward333, Apr 4, 2007.

1. mward333 macrumors 6502a

Jan 24, 2004
    Yesterday I bought an album on iTunes, and of course it includes a digital booklet (a pdf file). I am easily able to move the songs and the digital booklet to another Mac. To do this, I just transfer the files to my other Mac and drop them onto the iTunes application. Then the songs and the booklet are automatically imported into iTunes. Excellent! No problem!

I'm 100 percent happy with the outcome from the songs. They all appear in my Library playlist, and they have all of the information (artist/album/album-art/etc) from the original Mac.

The digital booklet is a different story. I do see the pdf file in my iTunes playlist, but it does not have the album cover (for instance, in "album view" or "cover flow view"), and it also lacks the artist information, album information, etc.

Anybody know a better way to import the digital booklet, so that it gets associated with the album correctly?

I hope to do this *without* a hack or a 3rd-party program. There must be a hack-free way to do this *without* having to manually type the album/artist information and without copying the album cover to the pdf file.

Any advice? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

(By the way, this has nothing to do with enabling flash in QuickTime. I'm not talking about interactive booklets here.... just plain pdf files with the album information (lyrics/credits) inside.)
  2. MobileMonkey macrumors newbie

Dec 30, 2008
    Not sure if you ever figured this out but just in case...

I had the same issue and I figured out that if you edit the info, making sure you put the artist and album information, it should find the album art. You might have to go to Advanced>Find Album Art.
  3. mward333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 24, 2004

Yes, long after I posted this note, I figured out the same solution. Thank you for your advice, nonetheless. That's exactly what I've been doing now. :) I just happened to discover this trick myself. At the time it happened, I didn't find any good advice on Google about it.... [I would imaging that it's well-known now.]
  4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Jul 4, 2007
    Denver Colorado
    I actually forgot all about the booklets that came with some of my purchases (Complete U2 and Complete Bob Dylan) that I lost them when moving things to new computers. I no longer have them.