Moving iTunes songs from pc to new iBook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by sheaitisnotso, Aug 17, 2005.

1. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

Hey guys, i've got to transfer all of my songs off of my iTunes on my PC to my brand new iBook. Anyone know the easiest way to go about doing that? What about transferring pictures? Should i just save them to a disc and move them over? Thanks very much.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Congratulations on the new iBook and welcome to the community. :)

You could do it a few different ways. Firstly, you could network the two using a wireless or wired network. A simple ethernet cable will do. We have a great thread on how to set this up here.

Otherwise, your best bet is to use some sort of storage devise to get everything across. Whether that be an external hard drive (preferably formatted as FAT32, but not essential), DVDs, CDs or an iPod. Although, if you do the iPod route, remember not to accidentally sync the iPod with the new Mac because it'll lose everything.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

If any of the songs are purchased, be sure to de-authorize the PC. Edit: that is, if you won't be using the PC for iTunes afterwards - obviously don't do it if you will!

Moving via CD/DVD works fine, as does connecting the devices (directly or indirectly) via ethernet cable... which is much faster.

4. sheaitisnotso thread starter macrumors regular