Moving; Ohio/PA questions

Discussion in 'Community' started by AndiePandie, Oct 27, 2004.

1. AndiePandie macrumors regular

Oct 15, 2003
    My SO and I are currently looking for a new place to live. We just sold our house and because our close was so soon we didn't have time to look for a new house. So we are living with my parents until we find a new home. This gives us the chance to check out certain areas and decide where we want to end up.

We have been looking at Eastern Ohio (close to the PA border) and have also been thinking about something near Erie. Does anyone have an recommendations or advice? I would love to hear the good and the bad. We want something rural while at the same time having access to shopping. Having to drive 1/2 an hour for shopping is no big deal to us. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on these areas? Thanks so much! :)
  2. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I think that you have made a very smart decision. It's not always easy living with parents. Spending time to look around prior to purchasing a home is best. That is what we did with our current house. We lived in an apartment. Actually spent about 3 years looking. I was born and raised in Ohio, but the Southwestern part of the state.

Just be sure to research carefully.
  3. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

Having lived in Toledo, Cleveland and Granville OH, as well as Allentown and Philadelphia PA, I'd suggest looking outside of Philadelphia to the west, near Lancaster and the Amish folks. You'd have rural, but you'd also have easier access to Philly, New York and DC, as well as the Jersey Shore and the Pocono Mountains.

Good luck! - j