Moving Songs from PeeCee to my macbook

Discussion in 'iPod' started by TheBusDriver, Sep 25, 2006.

1. TheBusDriver macrumors 6502

Dec 24, 2005
    Whats the easiest way to move my songs from my pc to mac?? I have wireless and tried to share through iTunes but wouldn't work, tried through ethernet and the computers a can't see each other
  2. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Jan 8, 2004
    The easiest way to do this would be through ethernet (or firewire)

If you dont have a router, and you are just connecting the computers directly using ethernet then you need to go into network pref's and assign a manual IP address for each computer.
    Computer 1:
    Ip address
    Subnet Mask

Computer 2:
    Ip address
    Subnet Mask

When you have that set up, make sure you are sharing the My Music folder and have the windows firewall disabled and then just type in the ip address of you PC by using to finder and click Go>Connect To Server.
    Then type "SMB:// (or whatever the ip address is of the PC)
    A box should come up for authentication, just type you XP login in there and it should give you a list containing the My Music folder.
    Finally just copy the entire itunes folder from the My music folder to the music folder on your mac. When you open itunes it should automatically find the songs, and you're done.
  3. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

May 2, 2005
    Wheaton/Normal, IL
    I used an external hard drive, but ethernet will work just fine.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Whichever medium you use, this MacRumors guide might help you retain your songs and all their data. :)